Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Peachy Keen: Year One.

Sunday.
Sunday, June 9, 2013.
Exactly one year after I married my BEST friend.
No, not Brandi...
My best man friend. 
Adam Kellogg Daniel.


This year has been so much of everything.
I graduated college.
We got our own place and our own jobs that we adore. 
We lived in an RV for 3 months.
We refinished our first furniture set.
We got our first plant named Steve...and have barely kept him alive.
He kind of hates Texas weather. 
I started this blog.
This list goes on, but I will not go into every detail of our lives. 

I will leave you with two of the most vivid memories of year one. 
One from the very beginning of our marriage and one from a few weeks ago.
1. Missing our flight to Jamaica: We stayed in the hotel at the airport, right above our gate and still didn't make it in time. We had a great (sarcasm) conversation with the bag checker, we had a mutual dislike for each other I believe. We so could have made it if she would have just let us try. As a result we missed the first night of our honeymoon and spent the night in Miami. Not as awesome as it sounds, but it was an adventure and it is something we will NEVER forget. I am sure our kids will hear about it one day.
2. Getting our car towed while we were enjoying the greatest show on earth AKA Needtobreathe. It was our first experience in downtown Austin. Crazy night. 

Both of these memories I was for sure we were being punked and just kept waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop out with the cameras, but he never did. 
Good news, we can look back now and laugh about it.
And we learned something both times, If you miss your flight you gotta pay some "monies" and don't trust the frat-tastic boy on the street corner. 

If you have made it through all of my words, sit back and enjoy pictures from our favorite day, our wedding, and our one year celebration part one (part two coming at you post-summer).




best wedding party ever.






"Errbodies hands go UP...and they stay there!"
We pretty much didn't stop smiling all day.

And then he sang me a song, the he wrote.

And my Papaw tore up the dance floor. 





LOVE this one so much.



























official!


I love these two pictures of us leaving. All of the emotions captured are hilarious. 





One year later. 




Our wedding coffee cup, plate, and my bouquet. 
Perfect celebration.
We took a bite of our wedding cake, threw it away then enjoyed this delicious cupcake.
Then we wrote down some memories from year one in our journal. 
PERFECTION, seriously people. 



So long year one, hello year two.

No comments:

Post a Comment